SpaceX Falcon 9 Demo II Builders Kit
- The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies SpaceX Falcon 9 Demo II Builders Kit is a 1:89 scale model to simulate the Demo II Manned Space Mission
- Measures 28.625" when fully assembled with a diameter of 1.63".
- Dry weight of the Demo II version kit is 7.5oz - 8.5oz; varies with motor size
- Includes DSLA-printed Dragon II Capsule and 20 ABS FDM Printed Parts
- The full fin can boasts built-in fin slots for perfect alignment
- Features 4 clear elliptical laser-cut clear fins with a fin span of 7.5"
- This SpaceX kit also includes: a screw-on motor retainer with Merlin Engine Detail, Raceway Detail and glue-on grid fins and landing legs
- Complete your kit with included 2-page full-color vinyl body wrap decals
- Launches use a 3/16 launch rod
- Soars to 430' With A D12-4 Motor
- Soars over 1700' With An F Motor
- Requires the following parts not included: 2-lengths of BT-60 body tube, 1-length of BT-50 motor tube, (2) BT-60 couplers, (1) 24mm BT-50 motor block, (1) 24" parachute and (1) 24" shock cord
- Includes step-by-step assembly instructions
It's been over 9 years since a manned-space mission and SpaceX is the first private contractor in the history of Man's Space Flight. Relive the excitement of the Demo II Manned Space Mission with the Boyce Aerospace Hobbies SpaceX Falcon 9 with Dragon II Capsule Builders Kit. This kit is a 1:89 scale rocket and measure over 28" when assembled. The highly-anticipated kit features a DSLA-printed Dragon II Capsule and 20 ABS FDM printed parts. The unique kit also boasts 4 clear elliptical laser-cut fins with an impressive fin span of 7.5". Once assembled, complete your kit with 2 full-page color vinyl body wrap decals. When an F motor is used, this SpaceX Builders Kit can reach up to 2000'. Assembly instructions included.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
Boyceareospace is my go to source for all 3D parts and custom orders and oop classic kits!!!☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
I am in the process of building So far it is a great kit I have built your Mercury Redstone and Gemini Titan kits are they are awesome I really like the detailed instructions Lots of kits give you a bunch of parts and you need to figure out how to put it together Thanks for helping me complete my collection of American manned space craft You keep making and I’ll keep buying
I am mid-way through the build. So far so good. Minor quibble, would have been nice if it included all the components for the build such as the tubing. I decided to use Mach 1 fiberglass tubing. Am a bit nervous about just friction fitting the fins when I fly it. A more secure way, while still being able to remove them for display would have been preferred.