SpaceX Falcon 9 Demo II Builders Kit
- The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies SpaceX Falcon 9 Demo II Builders Kit is a 1:89 scale model to simulate the Demo II Manned Space Mission
- Measures 28.625" when fully assembled with a diameter of 1.63".
- Dry weight of the Demo II version kit is 7.5oz - 8.5oz; varies with motor size
- Includes DSLA-printed Dragon II Capsule and 20 ABS FDM Printed Parts
- The full fin can boasts built-in fin slots for perfect alignment
- Features 4 clear elliptical laser-cut clear fins with a fin span of 7.5"
- This SpaceX kit also includes: a screw-on motor retainer with Merlin Engine Detail, Raceway Detail and glue-on grid fins and landing legs
- Complete your kit with included 2-page full-color vinyl body wrap decals
- Launches use a 3/16 launch rod
- Soars to 430' With A D12-4 Motor
- Soars over 1700' With An F Motor
- Requires the following parts not included: 2-lengths of BT-60 body tube, 1-length of BT-50 motor tube, (2) BT-60 couplers, (1) 24mm BT-50 motor block, (1) 24" parachute and (1) 24" shock cord
- Includes step-by-step assembly instructions
It's been over 9 years since a manned-space mission and SpaceX is the first private contractor in the history of Man's Space Flight. Relive the excitement of the Demo II Manned Space Mission with the Boyce Aerospace Hobbies SpaceX Falcon 9 with Dragon II Capsule Builders Kit. This kit is a 1:89 scale rocket and measure over 28" when assembled. The highly-anticipated kit features a DSLA-printed Dragon II Capsule and 20 ABS FDM printed parts. The unique kit also boasts 4 clear elliptical laser-cut fins with an impressive fin span of 7.5". Once assembled, complete your kit with 2 full-page color vinyl body wrap decals. When an F motor is used, this SpaceX Builders Kit can reach up to 2000'. Assembly instructions included.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
This kit was a blast to build. The 3D printed parts were well made and didn’t require a lot of effort to sand and prep for painting. My only issue was with the skins. I had a hard time getting them to lie flat on the tube and ended up having sections wrinkled no matter how careful I was. I plan on building the Falcon Heavy soon, so I’m hopeful my lessons learned will transfer to a cleaner build.
I was very surprised how nice the 3D printed part were. I have owned a couple 3D Printers and the resolution is very good. I don’t think I will need to do much sanding to get a great finish. I especially appreciate the level of detail in the capsule. This is going to be a fun build. My only suggestion would be to rename “builder’s” kit to “short” kit. That is a more common name among RC kit hobbyists.
Nice build and better using 3d printed parts. I've just got to wait for the right weather to test fly it :)
Haven’t had time to begin this project trying to finish others before this one. All other parts are here just need to make time. Great product! Thank you. Mike
Boyceareospace is my go to source for all 3D parts and custom orders and oop classic kits!!!☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆