1/100th Mercury Redstone Builders Kit
- Boyce Aerospace Hobbies’ 1/100th Mercury Redstone Builder’s Kit is the most detailed of its kind
- This 1/100th model complements the Estes Saturn V, as well as the Boyce Aerospace Hobbies’ Saturn IB, Saturn SA-5, Saturn SA-7 and Little Joe II kits
- Launches using a 13mm motor (not included) to an estimated altitude of 500 feet
- Once assembled the model measures 250mm (9.84”) and weighs only 18 grams
- Parts printed at 50-micron resolution on DLP printers
- Capsule features incredibly detailed hatch, portholes and louvers
- Escape tower is printed in one piece; just add the aerospike
- Kit includes: Detailed instructions, an aerospike, escape tower, capsule, fin can, wire launch lugs and full vinyl body wrap with roll pattern, panel lines and more (BT-19 Body Tube not included)
Great product , great service !
Excellent detail and realism -perfect to go with my Estes 1/100 scale Saturn V and 1B !
Highly Detailed KIt
I am impressed with the quality and details of this model. The 1/100 scale really puts the size of this into perspective when compared to its successors. I made a change. Instead of using the paperclip for the launch lug, I used 0.025 music wire. I "borrowed" my wife's jewelry pliers to form the lugs. I also used a Sharpie to "paint" the fins. The wrap went on fine. I added a 1/16" matte black pin stripe to the body tube bottom. I am not sure if it will be launched or remain a "shelf queen". This was a fun build.
Amazingly detailed. The body wrap makes finishing quick and easy. If you're trying to build a 1/100 scale set of manned rockets, this is your redstone.
VERY satisfied Thanks Bob
Wow, what an impressive kit!
This was my first Boyce Aerospace kit. I was amazed at the detail. You can tell (if you use a magnifying glass or microscope) that the capsule and fin can are 3D printed, but the resolution is so fine that I won’t even need to sand the capsule, and the fin can will need just the minimum. The way the motor mount goes together is ingenious. I’m very impressed and will eventually be getting the 1/100 Mercury Atlas and the 1/100 Saturn 1B. The Gemini Titan builders kit will be mine too someday! Love this company.