Pershing 1A Builders Kit 1/15th Scale
- The Pershing 1A is the second release in the Boyce Aerospace Hobbies BT-80 based scale kit line
- Kit includes:
- Three-piece 15” hollow nose cone with 1.2mm walls
- Three upper stage steering fins with con-formal bases for easy glue attachment
- Three first stage fins (plus a bonus spare in case of a rough landing)
- Three-piece body detail parts; both upper and lower stage cable cover conduits are included as well as the charge retainer
- Two 3/16 inch lunch lugs with con-formal bases; these can be substituted for 3D printed rail guides at no extra cost
- Three-part motor mount with built-in recovery attachment points
- Two motor retainers with screws
- Kevlar brindle included
- All parts are 3D printed in high quality ABS plastic
- Parts require minor sanding and primer prior to paint
- Once assembled, the model is 27.25” tall and weighs approximately 6.3 oz (without nose weight, paint and parachute) with a 3.70” fin span
- Designed to fly on 24mm motors with an estimated altitude of 380 feet on a D12 and 590 feet on an E9
- This model will fly well over 800 feet when using an Aerotech composite motors
- Additional items required to complete Builders Kit:
- Includes step-by-step Assembly Instructions
The Pershing 1A is the second release in Boyce Aerospace Hobbies’ BT-80 based scale kit line. The entire kit is 3D printed in high-quality ABS plastic for maximum strength and heat resistance. The Pershing 1A kit includes a three-piece 15” hollow nose cone with 1.2 mm walls and designed so that the required nose weight can be placed at the midpoint for efficient movement of the models center of gravity. It is also joined together at the scale body seam points, so the joints are crisp and clean. Also included are three upper stage steering fins. These are fully modeled, one-piece units that have con-formal bases for easy glue attachment to the body tube (not included). They boast a wall thickness of 1.2 mm and an infill of 5% for strength. There are three first stage fins; plus a bonus spare fin in case of an unexpected rough landing! Again, these are fully modeled, one-piece units with con-formal bases for easy glue attachment to the body tube (not included). Their wall thickness is 1.2 mm with an infill of 5% for strength. Both upper and lower stage cable cover conduits are included as well as the charge retainer. Again, these are printed with con-formal bases for easy attachment to the BT-80 air-frame. You also get two 3/16 inch launch lugs with con-formal bases. These can be substituted for 3D printed rail guides at no extra cost, just send us a note on the order form! And, to finish up the kit you will receive a three-piece motor mount with attachment points, two motor retainers, Kevlar bridle and shock cord and step-by-step assembly instructions. When completed, the Pershing 1A is 27.25 inches tall and weighs in at 6.3 oz without nose weight, paint and parachute. It Is designed to fly on 24 mm motors with estimated altitudes of 380′ on a D12 and 590′ on an E9. This model will fly well over 800′ on Aerotech composite motors.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
Trip dow memory lane
It was fun and not difficult to build.
For parts on my second order to start building the first order. Still waiting for my order is ready and shipped email on 2nd order. I ordered parts from Amazombie for the second order which will start arriving Saturday and I ordered them yesterday. And I was just thinking of dropping Prime. Plastic parts are fine but not USED yet.
Pershing 1A kit
I like the kit, only problem I had is that the instructions say to test the CG with a E engine, the motor mount only supports a D engine bt50 tube. Also the tube marking shows 4 fins but the sheet is too large for the bt80 I have a Estes tube marker that I used to mark the 4 fins. Otherwise I can make it work as needed
Pershing 1A kit
I have not yet built it, However have Agressor Aerospace kits. They went together well. Just wish they came with body tubes, parachute and shock cord. Otherwise I will be purchasing Israel’s Shavit kit
Review of BT80 Pershing
Very easy build and looks great! Wish it had decals but I can work those. Now it's time to finish and paint. I want to give kudo's to your support staff. When I opened the instruction sheets they were for a future 1/10 scale model but they took care of it in seconds. (I think you all are teasing me for the bigger one - Insert big happy smile here!)