Nike Ajax Rocket Builders Kit 1/14th Scale
- The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Nike Ajax "Builders Kit" is a 1/14th Scale model of the United States first anti-aircraft missile system
- The Nike Ajax became obsolete when the Nike Hercules missile system took over in the 1960's; so it's the Nike Hercules' older brother!
- The kit is designed as a single-stage 24mm powered model rocket
- Suggested rocket motors:
- D12-6 with an altitude of 453 feet
- E12-8 with an altitude of 933 feet.
- All parts are printed exclusively on Raise 3D N2 printers quality ABS
- Kit includes detailed booster fin can, sustainer fin can, interstage transition, finned nose cone, and motor retention
- The completed model measures 28 inches tall
- Assembled, empty kit weighs 4.5 oz
- Weight with required ballast is 7.3 oz
- Builders kit requires ST-10, ST-11 and BT-50 body tubes (not included) and a 30" parachute
- Step-by-step instructions included
The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Nike Ajax 1/14th Scale "Builders Kit" perfectly complements the popular Nike Hercules 1/14th Scale "Builders Kit". This model is a replica of the United State's first anti-aircraft missile system that was deployed in the 1950's. The Nike Ajax became obsolete when the Nike Hercules missile system took over in the 1960s. The Ajax had limited speed, range and accuracy when compared to it's older brother. Our kit parts are crafted entirely of high-quality ABS; printed exclusively on Raise 3D N2 printers. The kit includes a detailed booster fin can, sustainer fin can, interstage transition, finned nose cone and motor retention. Builder to supply tubes (ST-10, ST-11 and BT-50), parachute and motors.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
The parts interface with the tubes very well. They are good quality 3d prints. This is the second model I've purchased from Boyce. Love it!
I absolutely love this model flies like a dream and it looks majestic as it Cruises to its apogee!
Boyce 3D work is Beautiful
Boyce Nike Ajax brings my hobby to the next level , don't know if i will ever build with plain old balsa again ! Many thanks to your company !
Beautiful simple and well made
Recently purchased my Nike Ajax builders kit and complete it over the course of several days. I love the attention to detail found in this kit as well as the ease of assembly. I will be building many more in the "builders kit" series!
Nice compliment to the Nike Hercules as is same scale. A larger version would be fantastic. Building Nike Zeus next. It finishes very nice. Sand sand sand prime sand etc is the key.