Nike Ajax Rocket Builders Kit 1/14th Scale
- The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Nike Ajax "Builders Kit" is a 1/14th Scale model of the United States first anti-aircraft missile system
- The Nike Ajax became obsolete when the Nike Hercules missile system took over in the 1960's; so it's the Nike Hercules' older brother!
- The kit is designed as a single-stage 24mm powered model rocket
- Suggested rocket motors:
- D12-6 with an altitude of 453 feet
- E12-8 with an altitude of 933 feet.
- All parts are printed exclusively on Raise 3D N2 printers quality ABS
- Kit includes detailed booster fin can, sustainer fin can, interstage transition, finned nose cone, and motor retention
- The completed model measures 28 inches tall
- Assembled, empty kit weighs 4.5 oz
- Weight with required ballast is 7.3 oz
- Builders kit requires ST-10, ST-11 and BT-50 body tubes (not included) and a 30" parachute
- Step-by-step instructions included
The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Nike Ajax 1/14th Scale "Builders Kit" perfectly complements the popular Nike Hercules 1/14th Scale "Builders Kit". This model is a replica of the United State's first anti-aircraft missile system that was deployed in the 1950's. The Nike Ajax became obsolete when the Nike Hercules missile system took over in the 1960s. The Ajax had limited speed, range and accuracy when compared to it's older brother. Our kit parts are crafted entirely of high-quality ABS; printed exclusively on Raise 3D N2 printers. The kit includes a detailed booster fin can, sustainer fin can, interstage transition, finned nose cone and motor retention. Builder to supply tubes (ST-10, ST-11 and BT-50), parachute and motors.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
Builders kit, you supply the tubes and recovery gear. #10 and #11 tubes available from erockets. Just cut to lengths per instructions. This has a twist lock motor retention as opposed to a screw down motor retainer on some other Boyce kits.(Not to be confused with screw-on motor retention). Easy assembly, great looking result. Nice kit.
I was very pleased when Boyce Aerospace released their Nike Ajax builders kit. The part's are superbly done and the fit is precise. It is great to have kits with this level of detail and ease of construction. Another great kit from Boyce Aerospace!
This is a great kit, I would love to see this in a larger scale. Customer service is the best I’ve ever had,I just can’t say enough good things about Boyce Aerospace! Thanks for all the help you folks gave me!