Nike Hercules Rocket Builders Kit 1/14th Scale
- The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Nike Hercules "Builders Kit" is every bit as impressive as the original
- Modeled in a 1/14th scale; this replica is BIG
- Available as a single stage (no electronics needed) 4 engine 24mm cluster or a standard two stage model (staging electronics required) with a four-engine 24mm cluster in the booster and a single 24 mm upper stage
- Revised design features staging electronics in the top of the booster
- Uses PerfectFlight microTimer2 or miniTimer4 (not included)
- Upper stage can now be flown separately with included sustainer rail guides or launch lugs
- Upper stage includes screw-on motor retainer
- Larger parachute compartment in the upper stage (parachutes not included)
- Guaranteed better fit of the sustainer fins slots and root edge
- More room within nose cone for adding ballast
- All parts printed individually for maximum accuracy and quality
- Decals included
- Detailed assembly instructions included
- The booster is sized around four 29mm tubes (not included) and the upper stage main body is a BT-70 (not included)
- Total Length 32.75" - with the booster measuring 11.89" and the sustainer measuring 22.18"
- Fin Span for Booster is 9.66"
- Fin Span for the Upper Stage is 5.95"
- Weighs approximately 16oz before motors
The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Nike Hercules "Builders Kit" is the perfect addition to your model rockets. This model is a 1/14th replica and boasts several enhancements to our initial Nike Hercules release in 2018. The revised design is sold as a single or two stage kit. The upper stage can now be flown separately with included sustainer rail guides or launch lugs. The kit stands 32.75" tall and weighs 16oz (before motors). This kit is 3D printed in bright white ABS plastic and all parts are printed individually to ensure the highest quality parts; tubes are not included. Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Nike Hercules “Builders Kit” includes decals and assembly instructions.
Top quality kit for scale enthusiast
I've accumulated quite a few Boyce kits over the past few years and have been consistently impressed. I have both the "beta" version of this Nike-Hercules and the official 1/14 "builder's kit" release, and the "builder's kit" release reflects a few improvements. In particular, the kit is now available as a functioning 2-stage design, and in that configuration there is built-in support for staging timer/electronic mounting. "Builder's kit" means you will have to scrounge up body tubes and recovery system (Kevlar/elastic, chute). The tube requirements are reasonably common--BT70 and thick wall 29MM. You'll also need a healthy amount of clay or comparable weight adder (I prefer adding fishing weights with poured epoxy). Assembly instructions are very good, with detailed step by step directions, illustrations and clearly reflect the perspective of a modeler. I was especially impressed that there are CG targets, which for this particular model is critical for flight stability. This has clearly been well thought out. The quality of the 3D parts is very good, high resolution and strength. Boyce has been upgrading their equipment over the years and current offerings reflect this--most parts require only a cursory sanding, tiny details might need to be cut from a thin printed base, etc. My only wishlist in terms of improvement for this kit would be to take advantage of 3D capabilities and include some details for us obsessive/compulsive types like rivets or bolts, which at this scale might actually be feasible. Overall, nothing but positives for this company, this kit, and the scale design.
My favorite rocket! The box was bashed in on one corner, but it was so well-packed that there was no damage to the kit parts. The kit is beautifully printed. The detail is amazing. I can't wait to start the build! I have the Sandman kit, the TLP kit, the TLP plan pack, the Revell plastic model kit, and the Apogee plan pack and THIS is the one I am going to build (and fly). Somehow I missed the first release of this kit, so I made sure I was ready to jump on this release. So glad I was able to get one. I went with the two-stage version. I'll try to post pics and flight results later. Michael (NikeMikey)
Waited till after midnight
I've been waiting for this model kit the Nike Hercules in The1/14 scale for a while now and I could not wait until I ordered it so I stayed up after 12 a.m. just so I could get my order in, I know from past rockets that I have purchased the quality and the attention to detail is outstanding and you cannot ask anything with more quality and that a great reasonable price their rocket models are awesome and I can't wait to get this one and add it to my collection, and if you're reading my review my suggestion is put your mind at ease an order this model you will not regret it or any of their models and help pass this around to anyone else you know that is into model rocketry