Mercury Redstone Builders Kit 1/17.5th scale for 3.90 Tube
- Our Mercury Redstone “Builders Kit” is the easy way to build a beautiful scale flying model of the vehicle that launched the first Americans into space
- Kit is crafted from quality 3D-printed ABS parts and includes:
- A highly-detailed Mercury capsule with skin corrugations, door, window, and RCS jet detail
- An easy-to-build escape tower.
- A screw-on shoulder with an internal compartment for nose weight
- Four Redstone fins with fillets and con-formal root edges
- Two motor mounts with provisions for shock cord mounting and motor retention
- Includes launch lugs & rail guides
- Pull plug covers
- Full booster vinyl decals (upper roll pattern, vertical United States, and MR 7 boxes)
- Includes step-by-step Assembly Instructions
Turn heads at any rocket launch with the Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Mercury Redstone “Builders Kit.” This easy-to-build kit is a flying model of the vehicle that launched the first Americans into space. It is comprised of high-quality 3D-printed ABS parts and includes motor mounts, launch lugs, pull plug covers, decals and step-by-step building instructions. Complete your Mercury Redstone “Builders Kit” with paint and glue.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
I REALLY enjoyed building this "Builders Kit". Excellent instructions, logical assembly, excellent part fit and an impressive model when done. It will make a great display model or flyer (I have not flown mine yet its winter in Iowa, no fun). You provide the body tubes and a few extras all of which are easily available on line.
Building this kit was straight forward with great instructions. Having a airborne made it easy to give it a great paint job. It is proudly displayed in my living room with my 1:100 Saturn V. Looking forward to launching it soon. A great model of early U.S. space program.
Instructions were good, how about a 38mm motor opp. I installed a ply ring just in front of cg so that the chutes would not slide down the tube and change the balance. put some vent holes in the ring and it acts like a baffle. I beefed up the shock cord also. Use nomex cloth instead of wadding.Flew first flight with a H255 super straight , very stable. Decals were very nice, maybe some for the capsule? Thanks Scott Dukes level 3