SpaceX Dragon I Nose Cone Upgrade
- The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Dragon Capsule is a remix of Craig H’s capsule on Thingaverse
- This 3D printed capsule fits the current SpaceX Falcon Model Rocket Kit
- Our nose cone has an added trunk with solar panel covers and a shoulder for a BT-60 body tube
- The Dragon capsule is hollow with a shock cord attachment point
- Printed as one piece—no assembly required.
The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Dragon capsule fits the current SpaceX Falcon 9 for kit bash use. Our capsule design is a remix of Craig H’s capsule available on Thingaverse. With an added trunk showcasing solar panel covers and a shoulder for a BT-60 body tube, this nose cone’s details are one-of-a-kind. The capsule is printed hollow with a shock cord attachment point and is just one piece! Just sand, prime, and paint.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
The Boyce 3D printed Dragon I is a far better detailed version than the one my SpaceX Falcon 9 flying model came with. One thing to bear in mind, if you are doing what I did to replace your original SpaceX nosecone, is that the Trunk of the Dragon is part of this 3D printed nosecone. On the first generation SpaceX Falcon flying model, the Trunk was part of the wrapped covering for the main body tube. The nosecone was only the Dragon capsule itself. Using the Boyce nosecone will require that you cut down the body tube to remove the printed Trunk section. Do this carefully to insure a straight, flat cut. A bit of work, but the results are worth it.