Mercury Redstone Builders Kit 1/35th scale for ST-20 Tube
- Our Mercury Redstone “Builders Kit” is the easy way to build a beautiful scale flying model of the vehicle that launched the first Americans into space
- Kit is crafted from quality 3D-printed ABS parts and includes:
- A highly-detailed Mercury capsule with skin corrugations, door, window, and RCS jet detail
- An easy-to-build escape tower.
- A screw-on shoulder with an internal compartment for nose weight
- Fin Can Included
- Full booster vinyl decals (upper roll pattern, vertical United States, and MR 7 boxes)
- Includes step-by-step Assembly Instructions
Turn heads at any rocket launch with the Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Mercury Redstone “Builders Kit.” This easy-to-build kit is a flying model of the vehicle that launched the first Americans into space. It is comprised of high-quality 3D-printed ABS parts and includes motor mounts, launch lugs, pull plug covers, decals and step-by-step building instructions. Complete your Mercury Redstone “Builders Kit” with paint and glue.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
The rocket kit yielded a nice rocket with good detail. I just flew it this weekend and it looked good and flew well. Pros - fin can is sturdy and much easier to put together than the Estes kit. Nice detail in the capsule too. Cons - why not include the body and motor tubes? Please make these kits complete with the tubes and motor retainer. Also, I noted the instructions call for a 70mm motor retainer, but then specifies an E motor - which won't fit with that retainer. I flew it on a D12-3 and that was fine, but not very high. That's OK since the goal of this one is not to get it out of sight anyway. Also note that I had to add quite a bit of weight to the capsule to balance it properly, so overall it was heavier than the Estes kits. Cons aside, I still recommend it due to the strength and ease of the fin can.