Maxi V-2 Fin Upgrade Kit
- Strengthen your Estes Maxi V-2 Kit with durable 3D printed fins from Boyce Aerospace Hobbies
- Kit includes 4 fins and 4 steering vanes
- Our fins are the same size and shape as the originals
- Fins include panel lines and trailing antenna detail (just add a 1/16th inch dowel)
- The fins’ 3D printed steering vanes are very accurate and are glued into a hole on the bottom backside of each fin
- Includes step-by-step Assembly Instructions
Do you dread building that Estes Maxi V-2 kit sitting in your closet because the vacuum formed fins are a builder’s nightmare to assemble? Do you want to fly your model on 24mm composite motors but don’t trust the strength of those wimpy fins? Looking for more detail such as real 3D steering vanes? Boyce Aerospace Hobbies has the solution for you. We’ve recreated the fins in high-strength 3D printed ABS plastic! The fins have the size and shape of the originals; including the panel lines and trailing antenna detail (just add a 1/16th inch dowel). The fins also include 3D printed steering vanes that are more accurate than the Estes version which was part of the fin vacu-form. Our steering vanes are glued into a hole on the bottom backside of each fin. These fins are a bit heavier than the original thin vacu-formed fins, but they add amazing strength to your model. Since the model is marginal when flying with a D12 or an E9, we suggest using Aerotech 24mm composite motors so the Maxi V-2 can actually fly! In this kit, you receive 4 fins and 4 steering vanes and complete instructions with each order.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
The fins fit well on my V-2 and look great. I need to work around getting the steering vanes to fit - I upgraded to a 29mm motor tube and the motor retainer fits right up against the steering vanes.
Very nice! Once I get the old adhesive off the Maxi-V2 fin can, these will get the rocket back in the air again....