Cox Honest John Replica Model Rocket Kit
- Boyce Aerospace Hobbies has 3D printed the classic Cox Honest John model from the 70s and 90’s
- The kit is 1/24th scale with minor changes made to facilitate 3D printing
- Our Honest John kit includes a fin can/motor mount with air frame, motor retainer clips and two piece nose cone
- Features 4 spin motor covers modeled as well as all of the motor casing and fin retention bands
- The kit flies on the following motors (not included): Estes A8-3, B6-7, C6-7 and RMS 18 mm D13-10 with estimated altitudes of 143 ft, 381 ft, 812 ft, and 1392 ft, respectively
- Weighs 2 ounces
- Measures 14 inches long
- Fin span measures 5.5 inches
- Includes red and white Cox roll pattern replica decal
- Includes step-by-step assembly instructions
This 3D printed kit is a reproduction of the classic Cox Honest John model rocket from the 70’s and 90’s. Sized in the original 1/24th scale with small changes made to the original design to facilitate fabrication via 3D printing. Our kit includes a fin can/motor mount air frame, motor clips and two piece nose cone. The model uses one 18 mm Estes model rocket motor. The kit includes assembly instructions but no parachute or decals (the modeler must provide his favorite recovery system). The parts should be sanded with 220 grit wet/dry sand paper and primed to achieve a smooth glossy finish. Your Honest John is sure to get lots of attention at your next launch. It’s a super quick and easy build and features 4 spin motor covers modeled as well as all of the motor casing and fin retention bands. The kit flies on the following motors: Estes A8-3, B6-7, C6-7 and RMS 18 mm D13-10. Estimated altitudes for these motors are 143 ft, 381 ft, 812 ft, and 1392 ft, respectively. Replacement parts are available.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
Nice easy build..
Very nice scale kit enjoyed putting it together
Durable and stable little rocket!
Excellent flight propertys and durable, the only rocket I'm not worried about damaging on the bus to the range!
Good quality, easy to build rocket.
Honest John Kit
This all plastic Honest John kit went together without any problems. I took my time sanding it and the result was well worth it. Having a “compartment” in the screw together nose cone made balancing it a cinch. I purchased 1/4 inch white vinyl letter sheets from Ama**n to add the “US ARMY” lettering to the model. They were close enough to scale in my opinion. I also used a clear matte spray to seal the “decals”. A nice quality 3D kit.