Honest John Missile Builders Kit
- Our BT-80 Honest John “Builders Kit” is the easy way to build a 36.33″ tall 1/9th scale flying model of the US Army’s first unguided surface-to-surface nuclear capable missile.
- Kit is crafted from quality 3D-printed ABS parts and includes:
- A highly-detailed two-part Honest John nose cone with spin motor detail
- A 29mm fin can with diamond airfoil fins, boat tail, and motor bands.
- Mid-vehicle motor band with holes printed in
- Front and rear scale launch shoes
- Two sets of conformal launch lugs, 1/4″ rod and 1″ rail on stand offs, so you have a choice
- US ARMY vinyl decals
- Completed kit weighs 1lb 3oz; before nose weight and recovery system
- Powered by a 29mm model missile motor (not included)
- Includes step-by-step Assembly Instructions
Launch your own piece of history into the sky with the Boyce Aerospace Hobbies BT-80 Honest John “Builders Kit.” This 1/9th scale flying model of the US Army’s first unguided surface-to-surface nuclear capable missile stands 36.33” tall and is easy to assemble with the included instructions. Our HoJo “Builders Kit” takes over 50 hours to print the high-detailed ABS parts included in this kit. Once assembled, the Honest John weighs approximately 1lb 3oz; before nose weight and recovery system. And, completing your kit is simple—all you need is paint, glue and a few additional parts: (1) 18″ length of BT-80 body tube (LOC thick walled 2.60 tube can also be used just shoot us an email), (1) 13″ length of 29mm motor tube, and (1) 36″ parachute with shock cord.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
Excellent workmanship, could have more details, like screws, bolts. Overall lots are awesome.
Hi not too long ago I just purchased the 1/9 scale Honest John missile , and I also purchased the Mercury Redstone rocket , both these models or such high quality that it's hard to describe but I can tell you this especially with the Honest John all the real hard work is already done for you write down to the details , all you need is a few basic parts such as the body tube , your parachutes and your engine mount at a little bit of hardware that's about it , both these rockets are going to be my fault projects so as I finish them I will post photographs , but if you want a high quality model don't hesitate they are well worth every penny whether you intend to fly them or just have them on display in your home or even office personally I don't even think of to fly my that's how nice they are but that's up to you thank you Charlie