SpaceX Falcon 9 Demo II Builders Kit 1:89 Scale
- The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies SpaceX Falcon 9 Demo II Builders Kit is a 1:89 scale model to simulate the Demo II Manned Space Mission
- Measures 28.625" when fully assembled with a diameter of 1.63".
- Dry weight of the Demo II version kit is 7.5oz - 8.5oz; varies with motor size
- Includes DSLA-printed Dragon II Capsule and 20 ABS FDM Printed Parts
- The full fin can boasts built-in fin slots for perfect alignment
- Features 4 clear elliptical laser-cut clear fins with a fin span of 7.5"
- This SpaceX kit also includes: a screw-on motor retainer with Merlin Engine Detail, Raceway Detail and glue-on grid fins and landing legs
- Complete your kit with included 2-page full-color vinyl body wrap decals
- Launches use a 3/16 launch rod
- Soars to 430' With A D12-4 Motor
- Soars over 1700' With An F Motor
- Requires the following parts not included: 2-lengths of BT-60 body tube, 1-length of BT-50 motor tube, (2) BT-60 couplers, (1) 24mm BT-50 motor block, (1) 24" parachute and (1) 24" shock cord
- Includes step-by-step assembly instructions
It's been over 9 years since a manned-space mission and SpaceX is the first private contractor in the history of Man's Space Flight. Relive the excitement of the Demo II Manned Space Mission with the Boyce Aerospace Hobbies SpaceX Falcon 9 with Dragon II Capsule Builders Kit. This kit is a 1:89 scale rocket and measure over 28" when assembled. The highly-anticipated kit features a DSLA-printed Dragon II Capsule and 20 ABS FDM printed parts. The unique kit also boasts 4 clear elliptical laser-cut fins with an impressive fin span of 7.5". Once assembled, complete your kit with 2 full-page color vinyl body wrap decals. When an F motor is used, this SpaceX Builders Kit can reach up to 2000'. Assembly instructions included.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
This was the only SpaceX model I could find, and it's pretty neat! Lots of detail.
Clean parts. Easy to remove, clean up, paint and assemble. Can't wait to start the next one......Falcon Heavy!
I had a great time with this build. The 3D printed parts are very high quality, and nicely detailed. My tip for the wraps is to go slowly. Peel back about an inch of the backing paper and fold it flat. Get one edge of the wrap started, and slowly walk the wrap around the tube, pushing out any bubbles with your thumbs. The backing paper will come off on its own as you work the wrap around the tube.
Great build, amazing 3D printed parts
This kit was a blast to build. The 3D printed parts were well made and didn’t require a lot of effort to sand and prep for painting. My only issue was with the skins. I had a hard time getting them to lie flat on the tube and ended up having sections wrinkled no matter how careful I was. I plan on building the Falcon Heavy soon, so I’m hopeful my lessons learned will transfer to a cleaner build.
Very high quality 3D printed parts!
I was very surprised how nice the 3D printed part were. I have owned a couple 3D Printers and the resolution is very good. I don’t think I will need to do much sanding to get a great finish. I especially appreciate the level of detail in the capsule. This is going to be a fun build. My only suggestion would be to rename “builder’s” kit to “short” kit. That is a more common name among RC kit hobbyists.