Saturn V Fin Can
- The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 3D printed Saturn V Fin Can fits 1/100th scale Saturn V model rocket kits.
- Kit incorporates a five motor cluster with four outboard 18 mm motor tubes and one central 24 or 29 mm motor tube (will accommodate 90 mm long 24 mm motors and 29m motors, respectively)
- The fin can may be flown with only a central F motor if desired by attaching the provided 18 mm motor blocks
- The fin can comes modeled with all stringers, hold down clamps, and scale sized fins with correct profiles
- Weight of the total fin can is approximately 5 oz.
- It is a direct slide in and glue part that requires no assembly
- Comes complete with required motor retention hardware
- Additional display engines (24/18 or 29/18) available upon selection in the drop down
Complete your Saturn V 1/100th scale model rocket kit with the Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 3D printed Saturn V Fin Can Kit. Kit incorporates a five motor cluster with four outboard 18 mm motor tubes and one central 24 or 29 mm motor tube (you choose). The fin can comes modeled with all stringers, hold down clamps and scale sized fins. The finished weight is 5oz and the kit requires no assembly; as it is a direct slide in and glue part. Kit includes required motor retention hardware. Plus, if you're using your kit for display, Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 3D prints display engines (available in 24/18 or 29/18).
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
Saturn V Fin Can
Saturn V fin can excellent upgrade! Fine detail, light and snug fit. Highly recommend, you won’t be disappointed.
Saturn V Can
Arrived in great shape! I have been a long time customer. I asked for some extra screws to use on another can I built with and you sent - what great service! Thanks, Chris
Eliminate Saturn V Estes fin/fairing damage
To solve the Estes Saturn V fin / engine fairing design problems, I decided to use the Saturn V 100 scale 3D printed Fin Can (Engine Fairings & Fins) assembly with 29mm center engine mounting. I added a detachable motor mounting assembly consisting of a plywood centering ring, a 2.5-inch 29mm engine mounting tube and a 29mm engine retainer (Estes 072412). This assembly slides into the center of the fin can and butts up to the main 29mm engine mounting tube. I attached it to the bottom of the fin can with 4 retaining screws so it can be removed. This allows using a bottom plate with Estes F-1 engines to make an awesome static model of the Saturn V. I have used two of these fin cans, 1 for a Saturn V Apollo 11 #1969 and 1 for a Saturn V Skylab #1973. All launches on F15-4 engines have been perfect to about 350' and zero damage to fins or fairing on landings.
Looks Great! Perfect Fit!! Super Fast Delivery!!!
Saved me tons of time by purchasing this really well made base to the Saturn Skylab from Estes. Remember to cut 3 inches off your body tube and add a little more weight to the nose cone to balance out the CG. Also gonna use a F-25 instead of a F-15 to give the rocket more "oomph!" off the pad since there is a tiny bit more weight. Fantastic product.
Boyce Sat V fin can
As with all Boyce products, this is a top notch piece. I have yet to do the Sat V build, but I have built with other Boyce parts and have had great success. I am sure this one will be no different. A+