1/100th Mercury Atlas Builders Kit
- The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 1/100th Scale Mercury Atlas Builders Kit is a replica of the Mercury Atlas that launched the first American Astronaut, John Glenn, into orbit
- DSLA-printed at 50 microns for maximum detail and minimal-to-no sanding
- Features a one-piece escape tower for easy assembly
- Includes laser cut clear plastic fins, detailed vernier motors, fuel lines, corrugations, assembly instructions and vinyl decals
- Flies to 560’ on a C6-5 motor (recommended 18mm Estes rocket motor)
- Measures 11.75” inches tall and weighs 3 ounces when assembled
- Makes a great display when grouped with our 1/100th scale U.S. manned spacecraft offerings and /or the Estes Saturn V.
- Requires: (1) 29 mm heavy walled motor tube (cut to 117 mm long), (1) BT-20 motor tube, (1) 70mm engine clip, (2) Parachutes - (1) 12 inch and (1) 16 inch, (2) 12 inch shock cords
- Includes step-by-step assembly instructions
The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 1/100th Scale Mercury Atlas features incredible details for flight or any hobbyist’s shelf! Our rocket is DLSA-printed at 50 microns for maximum details and little sanding. Each rocket showcases detailed vernier motors, fuel lines and corrugations. The kit includes clear plastic fins – perfect to create a realistic replica and ensure a smooth flight; up to 560’ on a 18mm Estes C6-5 motor. Once assembled, the Mercury Atlas kit measures 11.75” inches tall and weighs 3 ounces when assembled. Our Builders Kit requires a 29mm heavy walled motor tube, a BT-20 tube, engine clip, parachute and shock cords. Pair your Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 1/100th Scale Mercury Atlas with any of our 1/100th scale U.S. manned spacecraft offerings for an awesome display shelf.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
1/100 Mercury/ Atlas Kit
Very nice kit. Great details. Displays well with the 1/100 Mercury/ Redstone. Look forward to see how it performs.
Super detailed flying rocket model
This was the 4th kit I have built from Boyce Aerospace and they keep getting better. The detail is very nice for 1/100th scale but can be delicate, the Vernier rockets are very detailed and look awesome but I broke both off during the decal install. I still have not mastered the Vinyl decals, they look great but are a bit troublesome. Overall very impressed with this kit and very curious to see how it performs.
This was my second order from Boyce and 4th model I’ve ordered in 5 months, so you can see I like their products. The kit was not what I was expecting at all. I was expecting a model that was simplified at this scale and was very surprised to find a model with a lot of detail and finely done. There are a lot of pieces with this kit. I am not going to build this model as a flyer but rather as a static model to sit along with my growing collection of rockets in 1/100 scale. My only concern was that the major pieces were printed in a different plastic material than other Boyce kits I have purchased, in that it felt a bit sticky. I contacted Boyce about this and they very quickly responded that yes this was a different material and to rub the parts down with alcohol and then set in the sun for a bit and the stickiness would be gone which it was. One has to remember that 3D printing is still new and a lot of different materials are out there being used and tried for models. I have to rate the model very highly, but its the great customer service which Boyce offers is what keeps me a customer. I might add that their design work is also very good. If we were compare Boyce with standard models we find, I would say they were the Revell (new) or Airfix(new) in terms of quality. They are improving with each model it seems. Would I buy from Boyce again? Oh yes you can bet on it. A very good company in every way.
Nice little kit. Display nozzle is a good idea but not usable unless you build a custom stand or display it on its' side. Vinyl decals are easy to apply and add the crowning touch.