1/100th Mercury Atlas Builders Kit
- The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 1/100th Scale Mercury Atlas Builders Kit is a replica of the Mercury Atlas that launched the first American Astronaut, John Glenn, into orbit
- DSLA-printed at 50 microns for maximum detail and minimal-to-no sanding
- Features a one-piece escape tower for easy assembly
- Includes laser cut clear plastic fins, detailed vernier motors, fuel lines, corrugations, assembly instructions and vinyl decals
- Flies to 560’ on a C6-5 motor (recommended 18mm Estes rocket motor)
- Measures 11.75” inches tall and weighs 3 ounces when assembled
- Makes a great display when grouped with our 1/100th scale U.S. manned spacecraft offerings and /or the Estes Saturn V.
- Requires: (1) 29 mm heavy walled motor tube (cut to 117 mm long), (1) BT-20 motor tube, (1) 70mm engine clip, (2) Parachutes - (1) 12 inch and (1) 16 inch, (2) 12 inch shock cords
- Includes step-by-step assembly instructions
The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 1/100th Scale Mercury Atlas features incredible details for flight or any hobbyist’s shelf! Our rocket is DLSA-printed at 50 microns for maximum details and little sanding. Each rocket showcases detailed vernier motors, fuel lines and corrugations. The kit includes clear plastic fins – perfect to create a realistic replica and ensure a smooth flight; up to 560’ on a 18mm Estes C6-5 motor. Once assembled, the Mercury Atlas kit measures 11.75” inches tall and weighs 3 ounces when assembled. Our Builders Kit requires a 29mm heavy walled motor tube, a BT-20 tube, engine clip, parachute and shock cords. Pair your Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 1/100th Scale Mercury Atlas with any of our 1/100th scale U.S. manned spacecraft offerings for an awesome display shelf.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
Very nice kit. Great details. Displays well with the 1/100 Mercury/ Redstone. Look forward to see how it performs.
This was the 4th kit I have built from Boyce Aerospace and they keep getting better. The detail is very nice for 1/100th scale but can be delicate, the Vernier rockets are very detailed and look awesome but I broke both off during the decal install. I still have not mastered the Vinyl decals, they look great but are a bit troublesome. Overall very impressed with this kit and very curious to see how it performs.
This was my second order from Boyce and 4th model I’ve ordered in 5 months, so you can see I like their products. The kit was not what I was expecting at all. I was expecting a model that was simplified at this scale and was very surprised to find a model with a lot of detail and finely done. There are a lot of pieces with this kit. I am not going to build this model as a flyer but rather as a static model to sit along with my growing collection of rockets in 1/100 scale. My only concern was that the major pieces were printed in a different plastic material than other Boyce kits I have purchased, in that it felt a bit sticky. I contacted Boyce about this and they very quickly responded that yes this was a different material and to rub the parts down with alcohol and then set in the sun for a bit and the stickiness would be gone which it was. One has to remember that 3D printing is still new and a lot of different materials are out there being used and tried for models. I have to rate the model very highly, but its the great customer service which Boyce offers is what keeps me a customer. I might add that their design work is also very good. If we were compare Boyce with standard models we find, I would say they were the Revell (new) or Airfix(new) in terms of quality. They are improving with each model it seems. Would I buy from Boyce again? Oh yes you can bet on it. A very good company in every way.
Nice little kit. Display nozzle is a good idea but not usable unless you build a custom stand or display it on its' side. Vinyl decals are easy to apply and add the crowning touch.