Thor-Able Tiros Model Rocket Kit
- The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 3D printed Thor-Able Tiros Kit is printed over 16 hours
- The kit is modeled in 1/48th scale, measuring 22 inches tall and weighing 4.6 ounces without motor
- Includes 7 parts: Tiros satellite shroud, upper airframe, keyed separation coupler, lower airframe with fins and launch lugs, D motor mount, 2 motor retention rings, and removable display engine bell
- Fin span measures 3.25 inches
- Uses a D12-5 motor (not included) with estimated altitudes of 560 feet
- Includes step-by-step Assembly Instructions
This Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 3D printed kit is a scale model of the Thor-Able that launched the Tiros weather satellite. Modeled in 1/48th scale, this model is almost 22 inches tall and weighs in at 4.6 ounces without motor. The kit must be assembled using super glue and includes 7 parts: Tiros satellite shroud, upper airframe, keyed separation coupler, lower airframe with fins and launch lugs, D motor mount, 2 motor retention rings, and removable display engine bell. The model uses one D12-5 Estes model rocket motor (not included) to reach estimated altitudes of 560 feet. The kit includes assembly instructions but no parachute or decals (the modeler must provide his favorite recovery system). The parts should be sanded with fine grit wet/dry sand paper and primed to achieve a smooth glossy finish. Sanding is quick and easy as the sand paper can be used wet and the model will only require a few minutes of sanding. Replacement parts are available.
Wow!!! Great rocket!
I just got my kit and I must say; it's amazing!! Thank you Boyce Aerospace Hobbies for making these fantastic rockets!!