Pershing II Builders Kit 1/15th Scale
- Pershing II Builders Kit is a 1/15th scale model rocket (uses BT-80 body tube for the booster)
- 24mm screw on motor retainer
- Easy to assemble 12 piece high quality 3D printed ABS kit
- Length - 27.25 inches tall
- Empty Weight - 7.6 oz
- Highly detailed fin can, tapered warhead section with steering fins, detailed interstage transition, two part body conduit, laser cut booster surface detail, vinyl decals and illustrated instructions included.
- Uses the following Aerotech motors: E20W-4 (683'), E30T-4 (752'), F30FJ-4 (852'), F32T-4 (767')
- Additional Parts Needed to Complete the Kit: 1) BT-80 body tube, 1) BT-50 body tube, and one 30 inch parachute with shock cord plus glue and paint.
- Includes step-by-step Assembly Instructions
The Pershing II was a solid-fueled two-stage medium-range ballistic missile that could carry a nuclear warhead with a variable yield of 5 to 80 kilotons. It was developed by Martin Marietta to replace the Pershing 1a as the U.S. Army's primary theater-level weapon in Europe. The Pershing II had a range of 1,100 miles and a guidance system that combined inertial navigation, radar imaging and active radar homing. It was deployed in West Germany from 1983 to 1991, when it was eliminated under the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty. The Pershing II was designed to be mobile and fast, capable of launching six missiles in three hours. Only seven Pershing II missiles were preserved for public display, one of them being at the Air Force Space and Missile Museum at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
Excellent Rocket kit!
Boyce is a 1st class company. Excellent products and nice people to work with.
Superior builder's kit
I have built *dozens* of low power and mid power rockets over many years, and my experience with the Per II has been wonderful. Very prompt completion of the order and shipping. Some of the best instructions I have ever used. 3D printed parts that fit perfectly and look amazingly crisp - the detail just pops on this model. The cut vinyl decal is sparse and meant for the US Army version. A much more complex set of vinyl decals can be purchased elsewhere for the European theater IRBM version. You will have to do your own stability testing/configuration but that is par for the course when dealing with mid power kits. In all it's a very welcome edition to true scale military models deep in the mid power range. And I think 3D printing as led by Boyce is the future of builders kits!