Gemini Titan Builders Kit 1/46th Scale
- Recreate America's third manned space system with the Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 1/46th Scale Gemini Titan Builders Kit
- Once completed, the Gemini Titan Builders Kit measures 28 inches long with a diameter of 2.6 inches (BT-80) and weighs 10.3 oz
- This 1/46th scale model rocket features detailed cluster motor mount with rear tank bulkhead, engine truss work, turbo-pump detail and screw on engine bell motor retainers
- Motors - Twin 18 mm motor cluster
- Detailed interstage with visible first stage upper tank dome
- Bayonet catch between the first and second stage
- Second stage display motor detail
- Detailed three part Gemini capsule with transition
- Kit features 35 quality 3D-printed ABS parts
- Our Builders Kit uses 4 clip on clear laser cut fins for flight
- Finish your Gemini Titan with detailed 3-page full body wrap vinyl decals
- Recommended Engines:
- 2 x Quest Q-Jet C12-4 (Altitude - 335 feet)
- 2 x Quest Q-Jet D16-6 (Altitude - 455 feet)
- 2 x AeroTech single use D10-5 (Altitude - 769 feet)
- Additional items required to complete Builders Kit:
2) 30" parachutes
2) 14" BT-80 Body Tubes
1) 18" BT-20 Body Tube
2) 18 mm BT-20 Motor Blocks
2) 18" long shock cord (1/8" or 1/4")
Assorted paing, glue and standard hobby/modeling tools
- Step-by-step instructions included
The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies 1/46th Scale Gemini Titan Builders Kit recreates America's third manned space system. The Gemini Titan mated the two astronaut Gemini capsule with the larger Titan two stage booster. The Gemini Titan launch system was instrumental in America's race to a moon landing as we used it to learn orbital rendezvous, docking, space walking and the effects of long term space flight on humans. Our Gemini Titan model showcases incredibly detailed parts such as the cluster motor mount with rear tank bulkhead, engine truss work, turbo-pump detail and screw on engine bell motor retainers. This Builders Kit also includes a detailed interstage with visible first state upper tank dome. There is a bayonet catch between the first and second stage and the second stage boasts display model details. The Boyce Aerospace Gemini Titan Builders Kit is comprised of 35 high-quality 3D-printed parts and 4 clip on clear laser cut fins for flight. Your Builders kit requires additional parts, so be sure to check your included instructions for a full list. Give your model the finishing touch with impressive 3-page full body wrap vinyl decals.
So far, I unpacked and read the assembly instructions. It looks like a very interesting build. I am waiting for the tubes to arrive in the mail before building.
Of all the space program rockets, the Gemini Titan was always a favorite of mine. Tired of waiting for Estes to re-release their Gemini Titan, I was very happy to finally have a kit available, let alone one of this detail. This is a well thought out kit design with a lot of detail, and a great representation of the Gemini Titan rocket. I ended up not using the included wraps, although I did use them as templates for painting and printing decals. The finished rocket looks very realistic had has a lot of visual interest. The kit comes with 3d printed parts that are of high quality with thorough and well illustrated instructions. Easily the favorite of my collection. Looking forward to see it airborne.
This Titan kit is of high quality and well worth the price. It includes a set of detailed instructions which even include painting tips,, and I recommend you follow these instructions. The Titan is probably one of the best kits I've purchased. Buy it. You will not be disappointed.
Great looking product
This rocket has an amazing level of detail that is not possible without the precision-printed vinyl wraps. The skins could be a challenge; so, expect some patience for accurate alignment. Once aspect of this rocket that makes it great for display is the second stage motor - which can be easily shown off by using a couple of overhead transparencies carefully trimmed and inserted to separate the two sections of the rocket. You need to get both the Titan 2 and Gemini-Titan to complete the chronology from ICBM to space exploration!