Apollo Saturn 1B Model Rocket Kit
- The Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Cox Saturn 1B kit is a 1/125th scale model
- 3D printed based on the original Cox Saturn 1B with minor changes
- Produced in white ABS plastic
- Kit includes 8 pieces:
- Capsule with escape tower
- Escape tower lattice
- Escape tower rocket nozzles
- Lunar Excursion Module shroud
- Second stage
- First stage with fins
- Motor mount
- Motor retention system
- Measures 20 inches in length with a body diameter of 2.10 inches and a fin span of 4 inches
- Weighs 5.5 ounces without the motor
- Launch to an estimated altitude of 900 feet with a D12-5 motor (not included)
- Includes step-by-step Assembly Instructions
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies is pleased to announce the 1/125th scale Saturn 1B kit. The kit is based on the original Cox Saturn 1B but has minor changes to facilitate production via 3D Printing. The model is produced in white ABS plastic and weighs in at 5.5 ounces. It comes with 8 pieces: capsule with escape tower, escape tower lattice, escape tower rocket nozzles, Lunar Excursion Module shroud, second stage, first stage with fins, motor mount, and motor retention system. The kit must be assembled with super glue and will require wet/dry sanding and prime to achieve a smooth finish. Total height is 20 inches, body diameter of 2.10 inches and fin span of 4 inches. The kit flies on a Estes D12-5 rocket motor and is our first kit to incorporate our new motor retention plate.
Boyce Aerospace Hobbies recommends hobbyists under the age of 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
The kit is all plastic and requires quite a bit of sanding and finishing to remove the circumferential lines created by the 3D printing process. The fit is nice and the parts are detailed enough for a nice flying model rocket. Painting is a little tricky as one has to create separation lines on the plastic. I wish Boyce would offer a water slide decal set for this kit. It would take the finished product to the next level. Although no parachutes are included, two are required by the instructions for a safe flight. Overall...Good kit.