Weight – 6.30 oz without motor
Length – 27.25 “
Fin Span – 3.70 “
Construction – BT-80 and 3D printed ABS parts
Motor – D-12-3 or E9-4
Estimated Altitude – 380′ or 590′
Not Included – Glue, paint and decals
The Pershing 1A is the second release in our BT-80 based scale kit line. When completed it is 27.25 inches tall and weighs in at 6.3 oz without nose weight, paint and parachute. It Is designed to fly on 24 mm motors with estimated altitudes of 380′ on a D12 and 590′ on an E9. This model will fly well over 800′ on Aerotech composite motors. All parts are 3D printed in high quality ABS plastic for maximum strength and heat resistance. The 3D printed parts do require sanding and primer prior to painting but will result in a beautiful model when completed. This kit has a newly engineered motor mount that will be included in all future cardboard tube models. It is designed for both strength and light weight and also includes recovery system attachment points. Here’s whats included in the kit:
- Four piece 15 inch long nose cone. We test printed over 6 different designs for the 1A nose cone in order to get the strength, weight and detail that this cone provides. It is hollow with 1.2 mm walls and designed so that the required nose weight can be placed at the tip for efficient movement of the models center of gravity. It is also joined together at the scale body seam points so the joints are crisp and clean.
- Three upper stage steering fins. These are fully modeled, one piece units that have con-formal bases for easy glue attachment to the body tube. Wall thickness is 1.2 mm with infill of 5% for strength.
- Three first stage fins plus a bonus spare fin. If anything will break on this model it will be one of these triangle lower fins on a rough landing so we give you an extra, just in case! Again, these are fully modeled. one piece units with con-formal bases for easy glue attachment to the body tube. Wall thickness is 1.2 mm with infill of 5% for strength.
- Three piece body detail parts. Both upper and lower stage cable cover conduits are included as well as the charge retainer. Again, these are printed with con-formal bases for easy attachment to the BT-80 air-frame.
- Two 3/16 inch launch lugs with con-formal bases. These can be substituted for 3D printed rail guides at no extra cost, just send us a note on the order form!
- Three part motor mount with built in recovery attachment points.
- Two motor retainers with screws.
- Complete recovery system. Includes Kevlar bridle, shock cord and fully assemble plastic 27 inch parachute.
- Complete instructions.
To purchase please click here return to the products page…